Nissan has unveiled its new Nissan Navara, a vehicle equipped with a series of advanced technologies designed to provide drivers an enhanced level of safety, comfort and driving.
“We packaged the new model with a full set of advanced technologies to ensure enhanced dynamic performance on- and off-road, as well as safety and comfort ushering in a new age of toughness, tech, and peace of mind,” said Ashwani Gupta, Nissan’s chief operating officer.
“For our customers it means confidence, driving pleasure, practicality and pride of ownership.”
The Navara’s pickup’s tough body-on-frame construction allows it to tackle difficult on- and off-road conditions, giving drivers greater freedom for adventurous journeys, labour-intensive jobs, and to take on any terrain.
The pickup also features an increased payload capacity, with the Navara one-ton pickup now delivering up to 1.2 tonnes.
A key part of the significant upgrade is the introduction of advanced Nissan Intelligent Mobility technologies. These technologies create a 360-degree safety shield for the vehicle, helping protect the driver and passengers from potential risks and delivering peace of mind.
These systems include:
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning – which monitors two vehicles ahead as well as the vehicle directly in front to reduce the risk of multi-car accidents.
- Intelligent Emergency Braking – which is designed to brake to avoid collisions, reduces the stress of driving in traffic or on busy streets.
- Intelligent Driver Alertness – which prompts drivers to take breaks through visual and gives audible alerts when changes in driving style or steering behavior are detected.
- Lane Departure Warning – which warns drivers if they begin to stray outside of their lane without signaling.
- Intelligent Lane Intervention – works to bring the vehicle back to the centre of the lane if the movement continues.
- Blind Spot Warning – to help avoid running into other vehicles caught in their blind spot, with blind spot intervention assisting when absolutely necessary.
- Intelligent Around View Monitor – which uses four mounted cameras to help drivers notice people and cars surrounding and approaching the vehicle.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – reduces the stress that comes with limited visibility when backing out of a parking spot.
“During long road trips or after a hard day on the job, driving safety and convenience become more important than ever and have been enhanced through a number of features in the pickup,” a Nissan spokesperson said.
The latest Navara will be available in Australia in early 2021.