Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) is issuing a Request for Information (RFI) to gain a more detailed understanding of the supply markets for a Managed Solution and Service Management Maintenance System, the possible solutions that may be available, and to investigate options for how these services may be applied to its expanded fleet.
VICSES is seeking responses from suppliers of these Services. Respondents are also encouraged to provide details of other options that VICSES should consider either as a stand-alone submission.
The Information gathered from this exercise will assist VICSES in assessing its preferred model for service delivery and the value it may obtain from adopting a Managed Solution and/or a Maintenance Management System. It will also assist to
- Identify and refine specification requirements for a proposed Request for Tender (RFT)
- Understand the current supply market
- Understand supplier capabilities
- Identify other opportunities whether through the supply market or service specifications
VICSES operates a fleet of 1,205 assets comprising rescue trucks, operational and passenger vehicles, rescue boats and complex and simple trailers located across Victoria.
Service providers maintain the assets across seven (7) geographic Service Areas covering all of Victoria. The work is conducted on site at some 151 VICSES locations throughout Victoria.
VICSES wishes to identify the best way to deliver its fleet maintenance program to achieve the following:
- Improve break-down/repair response times
- Deliver Scheduled Maintenance on time with a consistent service quality to required standards
- Support Chain of Responsibility and Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) compliance
- Safety and risk mitigation
- Fleet availability/uptime and performance
- Efficient delivery of the maintenance program
Interested parties can seek further information on the Victorian Government tenders website at https://www.tenders.vic.gov.au/