Kia’s latest arrival, the much anticipated Seltos, is set to shake up the vibrant small SUV segment when it hits showrooms from October 25.
The arrival of the new Kia Seltos brings sophistication, cutting-edge technology, eye-catching design, safety and class-leading space to a segment buyers have clearly taken to their hearts.
“There has been a space in our product line-up for this car for longer than we would have ideally liked,” Kia Motors Australia Chief Operating Officer Damien Meredith said.
“However, despite being a little late to the party we are confident that the Seltos is the right car for the market and has the potential to be the belle of the ball.”
Mr Meredith, in acknowledging the challenges facing any new model in one of Australia’s most competitive segments, said the Seltos brings characteristics buyers in the segment may not have thought achievable.
“The Seltos is not only stylish but brings practical, useable size along with great technology, safety and value in a segment-leading package which also benefits from Kia’s industry-best 7-Year Warranty, 7-Year Capped Price Service and 7-Year Roadside assistance program.”
Mr. Han-Woo Park, President and CEO, Kia Motors Corporation, commented: “The Seltos is an important car for Kia as it will play a central role in our international growth.
“Global sales of compact (small) SUVs are forecast to expand from 6.5 million vehicles in 2018 to more than 8.2 million by the end of 2022, and the Seltos brings Kia strengths in design, quality and technology to this popular segment.
“In the Seltos, we have created a car that can fulfil the diverse needs of customers in markets all around the world.
- Price: Starting from $25,990 drive away for the S through to $41,990 (D/A) for the GT Line. A $1000 safety pack will be available for the S and Sport models.
- Power: S, Sport and Sport+ front-wheel drive will be powered by a four-cylinder 2.0-litre MPI Atkinson cycle engine producing 110kW and 180Nm coupled to the latest generation CVT. Sport+ and GT Line all-wheel drive will feature the proven 1.6T-GDI coupled to a 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission producing 130kW and 265Nm.
- Colours: Seltos will be available in Starbright Yellow (standard colour) and premium colours ($520) Neptune Blue, Gravity Grey, Mars Orange, Snow White Pearl, Steel Grey and Cherry Black.
- Built-In: Specification levels are rich across the grades with the S boasting standard AEB (car and pedestrian), an 8-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Lane Keeping Assist, Cruise Control, Driver Attention Alert, halogen Daytime Running Lights, reversing camera with dynamic guidelines, rear parking sensors, six airbags, six speakers and auto headlights.
- Optional Safety Pack: The optional safety pack brings full AEB (car, pedestrian, cyclist), Advanced Smart Cruise Control, Driver Attention Alert+, electronic parking brake, electric folding mirrors, auto up and down driver’s window and 15-inch rear disc brakes.
Australia will be the third major market where Seltos is available when it launches on October 25.