Subaru’s newest Outback has received a 5-star ANCAP safety rating, it scored highly against the latest 2020-2022 criteria.
Scoring 91% for Child Occupant Protection, 84% for Vulnerable Road User Protection, 88% for Adult Occupant Protection and 96% for Safety Assist, the Outback has proven itself as safe vehicle.
“The Subaru Outback has comprehensively impressed, achieving the highest scores we’ve seen so far when testing to our current protocols,” said ANCAP Chief Executive Officer, Carla Hoorweg.
Sporting some of the latest safety features available in new vehicles, the Outback has:
- Lane departure warning (LDW)
- Lane-keep assist (LKA)
- Reversing collision avoidance (camera)
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Autonomous emergency steering
- Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driver attention monitoring
- Any many more
The full technical report can be viewed here: