Chapter Committee Member Obligations & Responsibilities
- to manage the Chapter Committee process in their state including meetings and committee appointments
- to MC, host, promote and manage the Professional Development Forums including sourcing speakers
- to promote all AfMA events and educational resources
- to attract new members through active participation, networking and promotion
- to enhance member engagement through effective and informative state events
- to provide professional opinions on issues of state and national importance to the National Office.
- to keep the National Office informed of issues they feel are affecting fleet management in their state or nationally
- to provide input and information into state matters affecting their members and industry
- to contribute to the development and implementation of AfMA’s strategic goals
- to attend the annual National Office Strategy meeting each year
- to attend the annual National Chapter Committee Meeting each year
- to attend other National Chapter Committee Meetings as required
Who can be a Chapter Committee Member ?
We are seeking individuals who are working in fleet and fleet management as either a fleet manager, a consultant within the fleet industry or as a senior person within a supplier member who have relevant experience in the Fleet Industry. Individuals must demonstrate an understanding and alignment with AfMA’s strategic goals and have the skills required to be an effective and active representative of AfMA and its members.
A committee member’s organisation must be a member of AfMA to be eligible.
What is the Commitment of a Chapter Committee Member ?
Chapter Committee Members are expected to attend all group meetings (4)including their state’s professional development forums( 3-4) , as well as the annual National Strategy and Chapter Committee meetings (2-4). It is preferred that Chapter Committee members also attend the AfMA annual conference.
Chapter Committee members must remain active and informed of challenges and developments in their industry through networking and education.
Why become a Chapter Committee Member ?
Chapter Committee Members have a valuable opportunity to support the fleet industry and its members while developing their industry knowledge, connections and impact. Playing an active role in your industry provides personal and professional benefits to both the individual and the industry as a whole .
How do I become a Chapter Committee Member ?
You will need to complete an Expression of Interest form or email the Chapter Committee Chair in your state to [email protected]. Nominees who meet the criteria will be invited to meet with the state Chapter Chair and AfMA Executive Director, Mace Hartley for an informal discussion. Successful candidates will be notified by the Chair within 5 days from receiving the initial expression of interest form.
AfMA welcomes your Expression of Interest but please note this is not a guarantee of shortlisting.
Objective of the Committee
- The chapter committee has a responsibility to engage with corporate and supplier members within their state
- Be representative of the many industries AfMA members belong to such as private organisations, local/state government, utilities, fleet management organisations and emergency services etc
- Act as a conduit of information between current members, potential members and the national office
- Formulate and assist implementing strategies to grow AfMA’s brand and corporate membership base
Committee Member Obligations & Responsibilities
- The role of the chapter committee is to assist with the organisation and promotion of the state Professional Development Forums
- Assist in setting the program and sourcing engaging speakers for the Professional Development Forums
- Promote the Professional Development Forums
- Attract new members through active participation
- Chapter committee members are expected to attend all state based Professional Development Forms (if unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances, the committee member must inform the chapter chair)
- Be available to man the registration desk at Professional Development Forums to welcome new members and introducing them to the other members of the committee and to their fellow members at events
- Provide professional opinions on issues of state and national importance
- Keep the National Office informed of issues they feel are affecting fleet management in their state or nationally
- Network at professional development forums to assist growing AfMA’s membership
- MC the Professional Development Forum in the absence of the chapter chair
- Attend the National Strategy meeting held prior to the Conference and Exhibition each year
Ideally be working in fleet management as either a fleet manager, a consultant within the fleet industry or as a senior person within a supplier member following 10 years of fleet industry experience unless otherwise mutually agreed between the chapter chair and the Executive Director. Note: A committee member’s organisation must be a member of AfMA to be eligible
You will need to complete an Expression of Interest form or email the Committee Chair in your state to [email protected]. Nominees who meet the criteria will be invited to meet with the state Chapter Chair and AfMA Executive Director, Mace Hartley for an informal discussion. Successful candidate will be notified by the Chair within 5 days from receiving the initial expression of interest form.
Please note: Expressions of interest for these roles are not a guarantee of shortlisting.
Lodge your Expression of Interest