AMPOL AND AUSTRALASIAN FLEET MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCE CORPORATE PARTNERSHIP
Ampol and the Australasian Fleet Management Association (AfMA) have today announced an industry-leading corporate partnership.
The agreement will see Ampol and AfMA directly collaborate on annual events, networking, branding and research opportunities with AfMA’s 500 member organisations responsible for over 500,000 fleet vehicles throughout Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia.
Brent Merrick, Ampol Executive General Manager, International and New Business said the agreement reflects Ampol’s leading reputation as a provider of solutions to fleet owners and fleet management organisations and will help support the exploration of opportunities concerning the transition to electric vehicles through major transport fleet organisations.
“When we engage with our business customers, purchasing intentions for EVs remain strong, particularly among our fleet customers. Large businesses generally have developed plans to decarbonise their businesses and operations, and a shift to EVs in fleet vehicles is an obvious area to accelerate as they look to make this transition,” Merrick said.
“This agreement will allow us to build further relationships with fleet businesses, while exploring growth opportunities in e-Mobility with Australia’s leading transport fleet businesses as we continue to rollout our AmpCharge EV charging solution nationally.”
AfMA exists to empower organisations to develop a safe, cost effective and sustainable fleet of vehicles. In addition to providing industry tools, operational, safety and green guides, AfMA delivers a range of educational solutions across the fleet and automotive industries. Initiatives include:
- Hosting face to face and virtual professional development forums
- Hosting an annual personal development series, helping people become the best version of themselves
- Facilitating industry awards for Fleet Manager of the Year, fleet safety and fleet environment.
- Accrediting salespeople to understand their and their customers obligations in relation to safety in the mobile workplace
- Hosting online training courses for fleet professionals, suppliers and drivers
- Facilitating knowledge transfer through its annual Australasian Fleet Conference and Exhibition
- Worked with Swinburne University to develop a Diploma of Leadership and Management contextualised for the fleet and automotive industries
- Works with major suppliers and vehicle manufacturers to develop educational programs for their staff and franchised network, and
- Recently launched a mentoring program, design to connect aspiring leaders with successful mentors to build a stronger industry
Being a self-funded not-for-profit, AfMA is an independent and technology agnostic peak industry body, linking people and knowledge to create meaningful outcomes.
AfMA Executive Director Mace Hartley said: “This corporate partnership will enable AfMA to amplify its initiatives across tens of thousands of SMEs, while providing its members with unique opportunities to participate in workshops and real-life trials of e-Mobility and EV charging solutions.
“This mutually beneficial partnership will deliver outstanding opportunities for customers and members alike as all benefit from the collective strength of Ampol and AfMA.
“AfMA is excited by Ampol’s vision of a decarbonised transport sector, and their leadership is helping their customers during their transition.”
Ampol continues to execute its future energy and decarbonisation strategy. This includes the national rollout of its electric vehicle charging solution, AmpCharge.
Ampol has an initial commitment to deliver AmpCharge EV fast charging infrastructure at almost 140 locations (360 charging bays), including on our forecourts and at other destinations.